This is our web page. Here you will find information about the EYFS in general, our class and what we have been doing.
Within the Rainbows Team, there are three members of staff. They are:
Miss Aldous- Reception Class Teacher
Ms Abbott- Teaching Assistant
Mrs Iannelli- Teaching Assistant
- Our PE slot is on a Monday morning where your child can wear their PE kit all day (please ensure earrings are removed and long hair is tied back).
- We recommend for children to bring some spare underwear to school to leave in case of accidents.
- Please ensure your child has a named bottle of water in school everyday for them to drink at snack-time and during lessons. (An additional drink, such as squash can be brought in for lunchtime).
- Letters are sent home regularly via Parentmail but sometimes as a hard copy. Please check your child's book bag regularly.
The EYFS Framework
Within the EYFS, there are 7 areas of learning and development.
These are split into the 3 prime areas, which are essential for children's healthy development and future learning. They are:
- Communication and Language
- Physical development, and
- Personal, Social and Emotional development
These are then built upon and strengthened by the 4 specific areas, of:
- Understanding the World
- Expressive arts and design
We offer the children a practical, play based learning environment, in which activities are either adult focused or child initiated, both indoors and outside.
EYFS Framework Guide
What to Expect in the EYFS