In this section:
- Sports Honours
- Sports Achievements
- Clubs operating in the Spring Term 2020
- Competitions Calendar 2019-20
- The P. E. and Sport Code of Conduct
- PE Links and Resources to Help Keep Children Active at Home
Former (*) and current St. Pancras pupils:
Jack Somers (National, European and World Karate Champion) *
Blake Hoang (England U.13 Badminton Team) *
Dawson Orris (England Karate Squad) *
Mila Gordon (Basketball)*
Rylee Hoang (Badminton)
Roan Tucker (Cricket)
Filip Szczecina (Tennis)
Mila Gordon (Netball Performance Development Academy)*
Natasha Mashonganyika (Netball Performance Development Academy)*
Aiva Tendengu (Netball Performance Development Academy)*
Aiva Tendengu (U11 County Table Tennis Champion 2019 and 2020)
Shannon Heffer (U11 County Table Tennis Runner-Up 2019 and 2020)*
Jessica Cooper (U11 County Table Tennis 3rd place 2019)*
Samantha Rupapa (U11 County Table Tennis 3rd place 2020)
A large number of children at St Pancras take part in sports clubs outside of school and are performing at a high standard.
Winners of the IPSSA Boys' Small Schools' U11 Football League 2016 & 2017
Runners-Up in the IPSSA Girls' Small Schools U11 Football League 2019
Runners-Up of the IPSSA Girls' Medium Schools' U11 High 5 Netball League 2016
Runners-Up of the IPSSA Girls' Small Schools' U11 High 5 Netball League 2017 and 2019
Runners-Up of the IPSSA U11 Mixed Netball Cup 2017 and 2018
- Winners of the U9 Mixed Futsal Competition 2016
- Winners of the U9 Mini Tennis Mixed Competition 2016 (represented Ipswich and South Suffolk in the County Final)
- County Champions – Mini Orange Boys’ Tennis Team 2017
- 2nd in the U9 County Key Steps Gymnastics Competition 2019
- 3rd in the County Key Steps Gymnastics Competition 2017
- 4th in the U11 County Mixed Basketball Competition 2019
- 5th in the County Mixed Basketball Competition 2017
- 1st in the County Girls' U11 Table Tennis Competition 2019
- 2nd in the County Girls' U11 Table Tennis Competition 2018
- 3rd in the County Girls’ U11 Table Tennis Competition 2017
- 5th in the County Boys’ U11 Table Tennis Competition 2017 and 2019
League and cup results can be viewed on twitter @IPSSA_Sports
Sports Clubs at St Pancras - Spring and Summer Term 2020
After School (3.15-4.15)
YEAR 2-6 GYMNASTICS CLUB (BM)
YEAR 3 - 6 TABLE TENNIS CLUB - Britannia Table Tennis Club (AK)
YEAR 2-5 TENNIS – EBAT (8.20-8.50)
YEAR 5-6 RUGBY CLUB (BG)
YEAR 3,4, 5 & 6 GYMNASTICS PRACTICE
YEAR 2 - 6 STREET DANCE CLUB – CDC DANCE (SD)
YEAR 3 -6 GIRLS FOOTBALL CLUB (SS)
SPORTS CLUBS in RED are delivered by specialist coaches/instructors (Community links)
Sports practices and matches regularly take place after school.Practices are also held during the lunchtime in preparation for competitions.
The clubs may change every half term in order to give as many pupils as possible the opportunity to take part.
Physical Education & Sport Premium
PE and sport play a very important part in the life of St Pancras Catholic Primary School and at least two hour-long sessions per week are dedicated to physical activity in the curriculum. We believe that physical education and sport contribute to the overall development of young people and that, through participation in sport and physical education, young people learn more about key values such as teamwork, fair play and respect for themselves and others.
There is significant evidence to show the positive effects of sport and exercise on children’s physical health, growth and development. Furthermore, sport also provides a healthy environment for young people to learn how to deal with competition and how to cope with both winning and losing.
In April 2013, the Departments for Education, Health, and Culture, Media and Sport announced joint new funding of £150 million to support the delivery of PE and school sport. The school received Sports Premium funding ever since.
We are using the PE and Sport Premium to improve the quality of PE and Sport provision in the following ways:
- Employing a full-time qualified specialist PE teacher to teach PE and sport at St Pancras (April 2014 -)
- Providing Professional development opportunities in PE for staff in order to improve the quality of PE and Sport
- Enhancing PE resources to maximise high quality provision
- Matching long-term curriculum planning to reflect School Games opportunities in order to increase pupil participation levels in inter-school competitions
- Providing pupils with the opportunity to experience expert coaching and support in a range of sports
- Supporting regular sport tournaments, festivals and competitions for pupils of all ages
The impact of the additional funding from the sports premium has seen:
- More pupils with access to a greater range of sports and clubs, resulting in increased participation levels at lunchtime and after school
- More pupils involved in School Games opportunities. For example, since March 2014 St Pancras has taken part in Mini Tennis, Handball, Gymnastics, Dodgeball, Basketball, Rounders, Swimming, Futsal, Cross-Country, Tag Rugby, QuadKids, Table Tennis and Cricket competitions against other schools.
- Participation in the IPPSA Football and Netball League and Cup competitions.
- Clearly defined progression from year group to year group through the Milestones approach
- Enhanced pupil skill levels
- Greater access to - and attendance at - professional development events
- Extended - and higher quality - P. E. and sports equipment
Please see the Pupil Premium page on the website (Key Information) to see how the PE and sport premium grant is being spent. This also includes the expected impact.
PE LINKS AND RESOURCES TO HELP KEEP CHILDREN ACTIVE AT HOME
We have put together a number of PE resources that will help your child keep active. After Easter many of the classes would have started striking and fielding games (Cricket and Rounders) and Athletics. we have included some links to Cricket (Chance to Shine ) and Athletics, and we're sure many of our children will enjoy participating in the activities. We have also included links for Basketball skills (Ipswich Basketball Club), Gymnastics skills (Max Whitlock), Dance (Oti Mabuse- Movie Week), Fitness (Joe Wicks), Yoga (Cosmic Kids), daily active blasts and mindfulness (imoves/the imovement), Sport England (Disney workouts) and Active Suffolk.
Please take a look at the PE information sheet (PE Links & Resources) which is also on the website (below)
We hope your child has fun and stays active !