Welcome to Class 2!
PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR THE YEAR 2 TRANSITION VIDEO FOR SEPTEMBER 2020
Our teachers are:
Mrs Jones (who works Monday - Wednesday) and
Mrs Smith (who works Thursday & Friday)
Our teaching assistant is Mrs Tella.
We currently do PE on a Wednesday and Thursday morning. Please ensure your child comes to school on each of these days dressed in their PE kit. As we will be doing PE outside, tracksuit bottoms and trainers are recommended. Please ensure earrings are removed/ taped before school on these days.
Please ensure your child has a name labelled water bottle in school every day for break and lunch times. An additional drink such as squash can be brought in for lunchtime in their lunchbox.
A piece of fruit is provided for morning snack, however your child is welcome to bring their own fruit if preferred.
This half term we will be learning about:
- English - The non-fiction text '10 things I can do to help my World' following the Power of Reading scheme and writing non-chronological reports. We will also be continuing to recap and revise the phonemes learnt in Year 1, as well as reading and writing the Year 1/2 common exception words. Grammar will continue to focus on punctuation, conjunctions and word classes (nouns, adjectives and verbs), as well as homophones and adverbs. We will be beginning the No Nonsense spelling scheme.
- Maths - Multiplication and Division, including the 2x, 5x and 10x tables. Statistics, including tally charts and pictograms and interpreting data.
- Geography - Our World.
- Science - Use of everyday materials and Habitats mini-project.
- Computing - Questioning (using 2question) focusing on binary trees and databases. Effective searching, using the Internet and search engines, including online safety.
- Music - Charanga scheme 'I wanna play in a band', focusing on rock music.
- PE - Fundamental skills for movement (running, jumping, balancing, skipping) and ball skills (overarm throw, underarm throw, chest pass and ball control).
- RE - Continuing Mysteries, focusing on Epiphany. Good News, focusing on miracles Jesus performed.