Welcome to Class 2
Our teachers are:
Mrs Jones (who works Monday - Wednesday) and
Mrs Smith (who works Thursday & Friday)
Our teaching assistant is Mrs Tella.
We currently do PE on a Wednesday and Thursday. Please ensure your child comes to school on each of these days dressed in their PE kit. As we will be doing PE outside, tracksuit bottoms and trainers are recommended. Please ensure earrings are removed/ taped before school on these days.
Please ensure your child has a name labelled water bottle in school every day for break and lunch times. An additional drink such as squash can be brought in for lunchtime in their lunchbox.
A piece of fruit is provided for morning snack, however your child is welcome to bring their own fruit if preferred.
This half term we will be learning about:
- English - Following the Power of Reading scheme, we will be focusing on the texts 'Poems to Perform' and 'Anna Hibiscus'. Wel will be continuing to recap and revise the phonemes, alternative pronunciations and spellings we've learnt so far, as well as introducing more alternative spellings. We will be reading and writing the Year 1/2 common exception words and Year 3/4 National curriculum words. Grammar will continue to focus on punctuation and sentence types, adding suffixes, apostrophes for possession and contraction and tenses.
- Maths - White Rose Maths scheme: Fractions, Length & Height and Position & direction, as well as revising the four number operations (Addition, Subtraction, Multiplication and Division, including quick recall of the 2x, 5x and 10x tables).
- Geography - Sensational Safari (Comparing the UK to a non-European country).
- Science - Living things and their habitats
- Computing - Questioning (using 2question) focusing on binary trees and databases. Creating pictures, focusing on different Artists and their styles.
- Music - Charanga scheme 'Zootime', focusing on Reggae music.
- PE - Fundamental skills for movement (running, jumping, balancing, skipping) and ball skills (overarm throw, underarm throw, chest pass and ball control, including football and tennis skills).
- RE - Eastertide and The Church is born WTL units, focusing on Jesus' resurrection and the events of Pentecost.