Welcome to Class 2!
PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR THE YEAR 2 TRANSITION VIDEO FOR SEPTEMBER 2020
Our teachers are:
Mrs Jones (who works Monday - Wednesday) and
Mrs Smith (who works Thursday & Friday)
Our teaching assistant is Mrs Tella.
STAR OF THE WEEK
Each week we pick a 'SuperStar'. Keep looking to see who has tried their best this week.
We currently do PE on a Wednesday and Thursday morning. Please ensure your child comes to school on each of these days dressed in their PE kit. As we will be doing PE outside, tracksuit bottoms and trainers are recommended. Please ensure earrings are removed/ taped before school on these days.
Please ensure your child has a name labelled water bottle in school every day for break and lunch times. An additional drink such as squash can be brought in for lunchtime in their lunchbox.
A piece of fruit is provided for morning snack, however your child is welcome to bring their own fruit if prefered.
This half term we will be learning about:
- English - The texts 'Here We Are' and 'Where the wild things are', following the Power of Reading scheme. We will also be recapping and revising the phonemes learnt in Year 1, as well as reading and writing the Year 1/2 common exception words.
Below, we have attached a timetable of the phonemes we will be focusing on each week this half term, including the related Year 1 and Year 2 common exception words.
- Maths - Place Value - counting objects to 100, representing numbers to 100, tens and ones, ordering and comparing numbers, counting in 2s, 3s, 5s and 10s. Addition & Subtraction
- Geography - Local geography and mapping skills.
- Science - Animals, including humans and Living things and their habitats.
- Computing - Introducing Purple Mash and using 2Code.
- Music - Charanga scheme 'Hands, Feet and Heart', focusing on music from around the world.
- PE - Fundamental skills for movement (running, jumping, balancing, skipping) and ball skills.
-RE - The chosen people. Listening to the bible stories of Abraham, Moses and Daniel and focusing on the important things they did.