Welcome to Class 2
Our teachers are:
Mrs Jones (who works Monday - Wednesday) and
Mrs Smith (who works Thursday & Friday)
Our teaching assistant is Mrs Tella.
We currently do PE on a Wednesday and Thursday. Please ensure your child comes to school on each of these days dressed in their PE kit. As we will be doing PE outside, tracksuit bottoms and trainers are recommended. Please ensure earrings are removed/ taped before school on these days.
Please ensure your child has a name labelled water bottle in school every day for break and lunch times. An additional drink such as squash can be brought in for lunchtime in their lunchbox.
A piece of fruit is provided for morning snack, however your child is welcome to bring their own fruit if preferred.
This half term we will be learning about:
- English - Narrative text focus on The three little pigs, creating story maps for our own version of the story. Following the Power of Reading scheme, we will be focusing on the text 'The Magic finger' by Roald Dahl. We will be continuing to recap and revise the phonemes, alternative pronunciations and spellings we've learnt so far, as well as introducing more alternative spellings. We will be reading and writing the Year 1/2 common exception words and Year 3/4 National curriculum words. Grammar will revise sentence types, punctuation, word classes, adding suffixes, apostrophes for possession and contraction and tenses.
- Maths - White Rose Maths scheme: Time (o'clock, half past, quarter past, quarter to and 5 minute intervals) and Mass, Capacity and Temperature. Revising all number operations, focusing on quick recall of 2x, 5x, 10x tables.
- RSE - Module 1 and 3, including The good Samaritan and The communities we live in.
- Science - Plants and Seasonal change/living things mini-project.
- Computing - Creating pictures, focusing on different Artists and their styles and Presenting information.
- Music - Charanga scheme 'Friendship', focusing on contemporary music.
- PE - Athletics (including jumping, running, throwing) and Gymnastics.
- RE - Other faiths- Hinduism, focusing on prayer at home, including home shrines and Puja. The way, the truth and the life 2.4 The Mass.