Welcome to Class 2!
PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR THE YEAR 2 TRANSITION VIDEO FOR SEPTEMBER 2020
Our teachers are:
Mrs Jones (who works Monday - Wednesday) and
Mrs Smith (who works Thursday & Friday)
Our teaching assistant is Mrs Tella.
STAR OF THE WEEK
Well done for demonstrating a positive and hard working attitude across all subjects.
We currently do PE on a Wednesday and Thursday morning. Please ensure your child comes to school on each of these days dressed in their PE kit. As we will be doing PE outside, tracksuit bottoms and trainers are recommended. Please ensure earrings are removed/ taped before school on these days.
Please ensure your child has a name labelled water bottle in school every day for break and lunch times. An additional drink such as squash can be brought in for lunchtime in their lunchbox.
A piece of fruit is provided for morning snack, however your child is welcome to bring their own fruit if preferred.
This half term we will be learning about:
- English - The text 'Man on the Moon' following the Power of Reading scheme. We will also be continuing to recap and revise the phonemes learnt in Year 1, as well as reading and writing the Year 1/2 common exception words. Grammar will focus on punctuation, conjunctions, tenses and word classes (nouns, adjectives and verbs).
- Maths - Addition & Subtraction: adding and subtracting 1 and 2-digit numbers, crossing tens, using objects, number lines and column methods. Money: pence, pounds, coins and notes.
- History - Intrepid explorers (Neil Armstrong and Christopher Columbus).
- Science - Animals, including humans and Plants.
- DT - Wheels and Axles project, creating a wooden moving vehicle.
- Computing - Online safety (using 2email) and Spreadsheets (2calculate).
- Music - Charanga scheme 'Ho, Ho, Ho', focusing on a Christmas rap.
- PE - Fundamental skills for movement (running, jumping, balancing, skipping) and ball skills (overarm throw, underarm throw and chest pass).
- RE - Other faiths unit- Judaism and the weekly Sabbath. Mysteries- focusing on the birth of Jesus and Nativity.