Welcome to Class 2
Our teachers are:
Mrs Jones (who works Monday - Wednesday) and
Mrs Smith (who works Monday, Thursday & Friday)
Our teaching assistant is Mrs Tella.
We currently do PE on a Wednesday and Thursday. Please ensure your child comes to school on each of these days dressed in their PE kit. As we will be doing PE outside, tracksuit bottoms and trainers are recommended. Please ensure earrings are removed/ taped before school on these days.
Please ensure your child has a name labelled water bottle in school every day for break and lunch times. An additional drink such as squash can be brought in for lunchtime in their lunchbox.
A piece of fruit is provided for morning snack, however your child is welcome to bring their own fruit if preferred.
This half term we will be learning about:
- English - Following the Power of Reading scheme, we will be focusing on the text 'Man on the Moon', linked to our History work. We will be writing narratives and non-chronological reports.
We will be recapping and revising the phonemes, alternative pronunciations and spellings learnt in Year 1, as well as reading and writing the Year 1/2 common exception words. .
- Maths - White Rose Maths scheme: Place value, focusing on numbers to 100, identifying tens and ones, ordering and comparing. Addition and Subtraction.
- Science - Animals, including humans focusing on offspring growing into adults and what is needed for survival.
- RSE/ PSHE - Health and Wellbeing/ Relationships. RSE TenTen Module 1 Created and loved by God (Let the children come, I am unique, Feelings, likes and dislikes).
- History - Great Explorers, focusing on Christopher Columbus and Neil Armstrong.
- Computing - Technology around us and recapping Purple Mash. Unit 2.6- Creating pictures, focusing on different Artists and their artistic styles.
- Music - Charanga scheme 'Hands, feet, heart', focusing on African music.
- PE - Dance- Margate Hoy traditional dance and Games- Fundamental skills (running, throwing and catching).
- RE - The Way, the Truth and the Life 2.1: The Chosen People, focusing on Abraham, Moses and Daniel.
- Art - Formal elements of Art, including repeating patterns, rubbings, frottage, pencil and pastel drawings.
Year 2 Curriculum overview for September 2021